Wednesday, September 9, 2020

First Day of School

It was an exhausting day.  It started quite well.  The work day went alright, just a few problems.  This is a new year with new rules and procedures; it won't be perfect.

Now that students are at school, I shower and change when I return home.  I will be doing laundry quite often with this new routine.  After I had showered and rested a bit I went out to the garden followed by a walk with Gideon.  He was excited to get outside with me and walk.  I think it helped him to have a turn around time, rather than a turn around destination.  I set my timer for ten mintutes and we walked until the timer went off, then turned back for home.  He considered walking more, but we didn't.  

Happy things:
  • When I stepped outside this morning I was stopped by the beauty in the predawn sky.  
  • Leaving for work the bluetooth connected automatically to my phone, I didn't even have to push play.  I listened to music and my audiobook on the rides to and from work.  This helped my mood.
  • Our team at work greeted the students with pictures of our Bitmoji and name.  This let the students know our names, give a clue to things we might like, and a cartoonish representation of ourselves.
  • The students started the day excited to be there, I am not certain that they all felt that way when they left.  I know some of them did.  Tomorrow there will be a new batch of students.  
  • Seeing some of last year's students was really great.  I miss them, but now is when educators turn their attentions to this year's class.
  • It was good to get outside for a while both in the garden and walking with Gideon.
    • Yesterday's rose is in full bloom.
    • There were birds in the tree outside my bedroom window.  I took the time to watch and appreciate them this afternoon.
    Predawn sky.

    Predawn moon.

    There is a bird in the tree.

    Peek-a-boo!

    Love this deep rose color.

    Stay safe.




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Closing Out 2020.

      It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Be...