Thursday, December 31, 2020

Closing Out 2020.

 It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Bend, TX and Carlsbad Caverns, NM); Z and K bought a new house; we went to our last in-person SCA event before a pandemic descended on the earth; my job at a public school went remote; I stayed with a friend between homes; we moved to the new house; C, E, and Four came up from Texas to stay with us and be away from Austin where the pandemic was more prevalent; I worked a bunch in planting (with help) our first garden; Four went back to Texas; C and E had apartment problems and I joined them traveling back to Texas to help them straighten that out; I stayed with a friend and we went on a quest for the comet Neowise (we saw it); after returning home from Texas I had gardening to do again; I learned a bunch-but the garden didn’t produce a bunch of anything; I went back to the work in September (not remote) but left in November as I felt the risks were too high for the family; in October C and E came back with a bus to renovate; Thanksgiving; we got two cats (Nanni and Winston); Christmas; and tomorrow will be 2021.  We are all another year older.  There is still a pandemic but vaccines are becoming available.  Yay!

Things that will be different in next year’s blog:

  • Name changes.

  • Next year the Blog will be titled 2021 Happy Footprints and will be found here: 2021 Happy Footprints - blogger.  I’m still working on the layout and such for this Blog for the new year.

  • I’m going to mention books I am reading or listening to.

  • I am going to aim for a poem a week, but be happy with one a month.


2020’s blog was supposed to include things about accountability and focus.  It took me over half the year to get focused on my step count.  Only recently does the accountability part seem like it is becoming more organized.  That is because I am working on being accountable with a partner and that is helping me stay on track more.  These things won’t end.  Personal growth does not end when the year ends, nor do people need to wait for a new year to start a new routine or work towards new goals.  Start them when the time is right.  The new year is a great starting point, but it doesn’t need to be the only starting point.


Blogging everyday about things that I am happy and grateful for is the ultimate goal for my daily blogs.  I am tossing around the idea of starting other blogs that will have other focuses.  Time will tell.


Happy things for today:

  • The furniture I have been trying to move all week has been moved.  There is now more room in the driveway if we get another big snowstorm for the snow to go.

  • C made their absolutely fabulous bean burgers for dinner tonight.  

  • No walk again today, but I’ve been able to maintain my my step goal of at least 10,000 steps a day since August 13th.  Yay!

  • Maybe because I didn’t walk I also forgot to take pictures until after dark.  

  • It is New Year’s Eve and I might get to sleep before midnight.


Look at that sky!
I'm glad I stepped out to take this picture.

E with Nanni.
What a relaxed kitty!

Happy new year!


Stay safe, wear a mask, wash your hands, and keep your distance.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, love the Name for the 2021 blog. It was indeed an unintended event filled year!

    Love from Texas to my NH family!

    ReplyDelete

Closing Out 2020.

  It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Be...