Thursday, September 10, 2020

First Day of School Take Two

 Today was the second half of the alphabet for students so it was like the first day all over again only with new eyes.  😷  Unfortunatley I was still rather tired and not quite as energentic as yesterday.  Although I did have a three second stint as Vanna White in one class as I pointed out where to find something.  

I had a walk out back and later paced in the house to get my step count for the day.  I've managed 4 weeks of getting in my step count every day.  That is one happy thing, beloe is the list:


  • New kids, new smiles.
  • Seeing some of the other students I had last year was awesome.
  • At some point on my walk this afternoon I walked through something that tried to use me to spread its seeds.  I forgot to take a picture of them when they were stuck on my socks.  The quite look of them told me they were green and reminded me of eyes.  Maybe I'll get back out there tomorrow and research them. 
  • Z suggested that I should license some of my pictures and try to sell them as stock photos.  This is not a way to make a living, but I do wonder if there is maybe spending cash in something like that.  Either way, it was a nice compliment.
  • The rabbit tobacco plant is getting larger.  I checked my uncle's file and there was Indian tobacco filed under T, but no rabbit tobacco there or under R.  Someday I will make the time to find more information on this plant.
  • K made a skirt today to go to a wedding in this weekend.  She didn't use a pattern and it came out wonderfully.  
According to the internet, this might be flattop goldentop.
Also, it could be Canada goldenrod.




K reminds me of my mother in this outfit for some reason.

Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally see the resemblance to your mom in that pic! Try checking your uncle's file for sweet everlasting, another common name for rabbit tobacco. The only other interesting tidbit I know about it from another blogger I follow is that if you crush a bit of the plant it supposedly smells like maple syrup. I've never tried it though - let me know if you do and find it to be true!

    ReplyDelete

Closing Out 2020.

  It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Be...