Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Woods

 Sitting in the car before work I felt the anxiety rising.  I took a few breaths and told myself that it was okay, it is perfectly natural to feel anxiety about going into school during a pandemic.  I also told myself to focus on the students.  These two things helped.  Not right away, I had to remind myself a few times.  The work day did get a little better.  

My afternoon walk took me to a conservation area in town.  This time I wasn't listening to a book and explored a bit farther into the woods.  The warm breezy weather brought joy to me with the fresh air.  I walked through areas shaded by evergreens and areas where the sun came in speckled through the deciduous trees.  There were areas that the forest was old with large thick trees, and areas where the trees were thin and young.  Turning leaves added color to trail.  This is my happy for the day along with:

  • Getting into a groove with students today.  I'm hoping to get some kind of connection with at least some of the students in case we go to remote learning.
  • I walked three miles.
  • Stopping to take pictures and notice things.
  • Imagining that maybe someday parts of the home property could have some paths that wind among trees in a similar way.
  • Stonewalls.
  • Without prompting or complaint Gideon, at eight years old, took the trash out tonight.
  • Some of the pictures I took with my phone came out better than I thought they would.  
  • The only good thing I can think of from the drought---less mosquitos.  
  • On Saturday I will be taking part in the Out of the Darkness Walk for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.  Some of my friends and family have made donations and I am so very thankful for their support to this cause.  This year the walk is sort of virtual.  Or team is getting together to walk in a neighborhood rather than everyone gathering in a large group to do this.
  • Inspiration.











Stay safe.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing Out 2020.

  It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Be...