Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Scrabble

This afternoon my work friend and I went for a walk.  We both had steam to blow off and then had quite the nice walk.  At the end I asked her to come up with something positive about the day.  She had something right away, it took me a little longer.  It is good to have people at work who are able to find the positive things to see.  It is something I should try harder to obtain.  

The trail she found took us through mostly wooded areas.  We crossed over some bridges that implied there was once water to cross.  There is a drought now, so these small streams were dry.  There was a good sized swamp though.  This particular area was placed between private properties and there were the occasional no trespassing signs.  This walk is a happy for today; other happy things include:

  • With help, I helped a student download a program that we are using in class.  This was my positive thing.  I ended up having to download the same program to my work chromebook soon after so it was repeated and now hopefully learned.
  • My friend saw something that looked sort of like a grape along the walk.  I'm fairly certain that it was an oak gall, but I'm not positive.  A few weeks ago K was looking for some to make ink with.  They need to have fallen off the tree first so the one today was not ready.
  • Gideon and I have been playing a game of Scabble and we finished it today.  He beat me.  Now I can't say that he had no help at all, but he had very little help.  I tried to teach him some strategies and helped him find places to put words on occasion.  We used a Scrabble dictionary because learning is important.  It was a tough game with how the board ended up being arranged and how the letters came out of the bag.  



Possible oak gall.




The gameboard.

Score sheet.

Stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing Out 2020.

  It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Be...