Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Cinco de Mayo

The grocery stores were out of a few of the ingredients we would have liked for a taco Tuesday Cinco de Mayo meal, so we had hot dogs.  Earlier this week C and Four built a fire pit farther back on the property than the other three places where there are fire pits.  It is a nicely dug keyhole fire pit and we all sat by it tonight for a little while.  I am looking forward to being able to stay up late with songs and stories and warmer nights.  K saw a couple shooting stars.  There is a meteor shower that is supposed to peak after midnight and before dawn, but I need sleep. 

My happy for today is hearing a whippoorwill while we sat by the fire tonight.  Every time I thought I might be able to record it, the bird would become quiet.  E sang a beautiful song and the bird sang throughout and quieted when she did.  Of course I didn't think to record it.  I have memories as a young child hearing the whippoorwill outside my window when I went to sleep. 

We are going to try to grow some carrots.
I wish I had taken a picture yesterday,
the green was smaller.
This is from day two in the water.

Building a fire. 

Stars!
The bottom right is an ember that blew by.


My the light of the fire,
under the moon. 

☮
Be kind.
Wash your hands.
Social distancing.
Don't touch your face.
Be kind.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing Out 2020.

  It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Be...