Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Future

 The language arts teacher put a question of the board today for the students to do a quick-write to.  The question was something like... in 50 years what will you remember most about the summer of 2020.  My first thought was that I would be 105 year's old in 50 years.  Then, of course, covid.  As the teacher spoke he made it clear that it didn't have to be related to the pandemic.  For me, my summer was formed because of covid.  There is no doubt in my mind that I would have been able to invest much time, if any, in the garden.  Since the Texas family wouldn't have come north, the garden may have just been put off until next year.  Had I decided to go to Texas this summer, it wouldn't have been to pack up C and E, it would have been for a visit and probably would have included a few tourist things.  Most of my weekends would have been spent doing things with the SCA.  

All that said, will this blog still be around in 50 years that my progeny will be able to look back and read what it was like for us?  Am I doing a disservce by holding back on some of the bad stuff?  Well, for me to remain sane and to help fight my own depression, I will continue to focus more on my own coping mechanisms and finding the things that make me happy and grateful.  When times are tough, for whatever reason, focusing on things that are positive may not fix it all, but can help to ride the wave.

On to happy things for today!

  • This morning's view of the moon and venus (different from yesterday).
  • I think I am going to like language arts class, too bad I am not taking it!  hahaha.
  • After work, I had a nice walk with a friend from work.  There was some therapeutic work venting as well as good conversation.
  • The family had a fairly serious conversation that I can't discuss online right now but, I think it will will be a good thing.
  • Another thing that I can't really discuss online... but sheep shenanigans are happening.
  • Planning out walks with other friends.

The moon is to the right of the tree on the left.
Venus is to the left and up from the tree on the right.


Stay safe.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing Out 2020.

  It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Be...