Monday, August 3, 2020

A Banner Day

This morning I picked a couple of radishes, some beans and the little pumpkin.  There are two more small pumpkins that are growing.  The bean plant wasn't looking good so I dug a hole and they are in the ground instead of the large pot.  When I planted them in the pot I didn't expect as many of them to live as did.  It was root bound and hopefully the stress of moving won't be too much for them.  There were some beans that I planted in the spring that I didn't think had come up.  I started pulling things from there and there are at least four small, nibbled on bean plants.  They are was smaller than the ones I replanted today even though I think they were planted around the same time.  Hopefully next year I will keep better notes.

As per the plan, K and I went through boxes from my storage area for a little over an hour today.  I didn't count, but that was at least five boxes.  Much of it will be going away.  Some things were trashed, some kept, but most into a pile that I'll try to sell before donating.  

My happy today is a big find; a banner that K made for me when I received my Pelican.  In the SCA there are awards given for things such as arts, combat, archery, or service-to name a few.  There are different levels.  A person may get an award from their local barony or the kingdom and each holds a level of precedence.   Some awards are recognised locally and others further up the line.  About five years ago I became a member of the Order of the Pelican, the highest service level award in the SCA.  Two years later I moved and the banner seemed lost.  Today it was found!  

Topsy Turvi seems to be doing well.

Close up.

Gideon learned to mow the lawn!

Proud parents.

Bird

Banner.  This is a tempory location as it is covering up other art.


Stay safe.

PS I keep falling asleep with my finger on the keyboard.  So, sorry if I haven't edited enough.

1 comment:

  1. Love the banner , the plants and happy parents and child!

    ReplyDelete

Closing Out 2020.

  It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Be...