Monday, September 7, 2020

Final Day of Event

 It is finished.  I think that our part in the event went mostly well.  We had to cover some heavy material during court.  I'm hoping that it was received with the good intentions that were meant.  There was one person who performed last night whose actions were very much appreciated and I am going to add something to one of my favors for her.  This is something that I thought of this morning and meant to work on during the day before court, but there was just too many other things to do.  I've set an alarm to remind me of this task so that it doesn't get lost with the return to school/work brain that I have now too.

So many things to be happy about today!  

  • There was a children's sing-a-long.  Watching some of them sing, dance, or "play" the piano was joyous.
  • A friend came by to watch court with us.  It was great to spend time with her.
  • Seeing the reactions on faces of the populous as things happened in court really helped to remind us why we do the things we do.
  • Being able to show gratitude for so many different things.
  • There was a scavenger hunt and a sheep quest.  Oh. My. Gosh.  The creativity that people have always astounds and impresses me.
  • The artisans display-so many talented people.
  • The skill and perserverance that Z and Gideon had in editing so much of the prerecorded stuff.
  • After it all, my friend and I  got out for a nice walk.
  • It was a beautiful day.
  • Laughter.
  • And many things I am sure I am forgetting.
Below is a close up of the mask that was made for me.  The white side is the Baronial Arms.  The green side is my SCA name and the Pelican is there to represent my service award.  Many thanks to the event stewards who made this for me.  K has a similar one.  There is one other that only the white side has the machine embroidery.



Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing Out 2020.

  It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Be...