Saturday, December 26, 2020

Boxing Day


 There was no boxing or shopping for me today. While I was outside getting a four mile walk done, Winston, the orange tabby, learned that stove tops can burn.  Thankfully, he wasn't alone and just his whiskers and some fur got a little singed.  


Last week TF and I set goals with plans to be accountability partners.  Today I have been trying to figure out how much I have to do to get those goals finished.  Next week I will not be setting the bar so high I think.  For some reason, when I planned out the week, I hadn’t considered things like Christmas or new cats.  


  • Over 17,000 steps today!

  • I got a little bit of research done on a project I am hoping to work on.

  • There was much laughter over dinner tonight.  Wait, that sounds wrong.  Dinner was great.  Z made a chili recipe that he hadn’t tried before and it came out fine.  The conversation at dinner tonight was interspersed with laughter and joy.

  • A family member living in Idaho sent me a gift of herbal teas.  It is a sample pack from this company.  The teas all have fun names based on different people.  This is how I learned today that Harriet Tubman was born Araminta Ross.  The name Araminta, according to Wikipedia, is prayer and protection.  A very fitting name for an amazing person.

  • TF and I hid a secret silly message in our Minecraft game tonight. We are curious how long it will take the other players to notice.


The moon rising above the field.

The moon rising as close-up as I can get with my phone.

The snow melt from the last few days has left dirty white piles.

A different moon shot.

Poor Winston...

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing Out 2020.

  It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Be...