Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas Day

 The time is approximately eleven in the morning, Christmas morning.  The stockings and packages have all been opened.  E is playing beautiful music on her new keyboard.  Z and Gideon are playing Gideon’s new video game and I believe K and C are learning/practicing tattoo art on the fake skin that C got for Christmas.  Me?  I am impatiently waiting for the batteries to charge.  Z and I got a GoPro 8.  It is for us to share until the stores restock and then we will each have one.  I should be reading the book I got, or the instruction manual.  Instead I am back in time when I was a kid and got something that needed batteries and we had no batteries.  When I was a kid, stores weren’t open on Christmas day.  At least not in the small towns where we lived.  Planning was important.  This need for batteries was a stressor for me while my kids were growing up.  I’d buy so many batteries. Some would get used, the rest eventually go bad and be disposed of in a landfill.  Today those would be recycled. Now we have these wonderful rechargeable batteries and so I will write or read as I wait for them to charge.

It is now almost eleven in the evening.  I found things to do, including a lovely walk with Z.  The batteries were charged quite a while ago.  I’ve been trying to maneuver through the website and downloading the app to be able to use the GoPro.  It didn’t come with an SD card so I can’t use it until I either scavenge one from something else or go buy one.  Perhaps I will get to use the camera tomorrow.  Some happy things for today:

  • I now have a GoPro.  Eventually I will be able to use it.  

  • Tonight’s walk with Z was very nice.  We set off with him honoring a gift certificate to me for a walk with him.  It ended up being a possible weekly thing that we do.  We’ll see, it is good to be able to know my son-in-law well and walking is a great way to get time to talk.

  • Gideon’s joy with some of his presents.  It was especially fun to watch his enthusiasm at getting a book on economics.  I’m not being sarcastic, he really enjoyed the book.

E playing with Nanni.

C's gift is money to go towards making a hurdy gurdy.

E's gift was large enough that she could use it as a chin rest.



Insta pot (slightly used).https://www.nerdygurdy.nl/
Gideon looking at one of his books.

C and E sharing the love.

Looking over his book on economics.

E playing on her new keyboard.

Most of my gifts.

Things are melting and there is fast running water.

Much of the snow is gone,

Home from the walk.



๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

Stay safe, be kind.

Too tired, probably forgetting things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing Out 2020.

  It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Be...