Friday, December 25, 2020

Happy Christmas Eve

 Tonight I have Nanni, the cat, watch.  Ideally she will settle down in a little bit and fall asleep, so I can too.  Somehow, I managed to stay inside the entire day.  I noticed that the petunias that I brought inside and then trimmed down may have some new leaf growth.  I'm hopeful.  Other happy things for today:

  • Playing with Gideon and Winston, the cat, while walking around in circles to get my step count.
  • I went through a box of stuff.  It was mostly things from a desk drawer with some other things thrown in to fill the box.  Two small grocery bags of trash came out of that box (yay!).  There were also things like stamps that someone found interesting enough to pull off mail and save;  Pens and pencils, somethat still worked; and caligraphy pens that I am hoping will work once they are cleaned up.
  • Enjoying a tasty Thai-themed dinner that C prepared.  
  • Stockings were hung-
  • Ornaments too.
  • K, Z and Gideon each got to open their Christmas books.  This is a tradition that my ex-husband and I started when K was a baby.  She got to open one present on Christmas Eve and it would be a book to read to her that night.  When the kids got older, we'd buy chapter books and let them read themselves.  They would always have a holiday or seasonal theme.  

Just a little bit of green on the petunia.

Stockings are hung.

Gideon's book is a chapter book this year.

K's is a picture book.

Z's is a picture book and it is about Hanukkah.

C hanging more ornaments, but from the ceiling, not the tree.

🎄☮🎄

Stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing Out 2020.

  It has been a long year.  Z got a new job (remote); Birka; I went to Texas for February vacation and spent time with C, E and Four (Big Be...